Become a 2019 #Privacy Aware Champion!
Whether you work in a law firm, healthcare practice, real estate office, nonprofit or any other kind of business in Ft. Lauderdale, you rely on the fact that your data will remain secure. For this to happen, you need an IT provider who is obligated to stay up-to-date on the latest threats and how to guard against them. However, you also have an obligation to protect your data. One way to do this is to become a 2019 #Privacy Aware Champion for your business.
What Is Data Privacy Day?
“Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust” is the theme for Data Privacy Day, an international effort held annually on January 28th to create awareness about the importance of privacy and protecting personal information. It’s an international effort to empower individuals and businesses to respect privacy, safeguard data and enable trust.
Millions of people are unaware of and uninformed about how their personal information is being used, collected or shared in our digital society. Data Privacy Day aims to inspire dialogue and empower individuals and companies to take action. It’s sponsored by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA), a 501c(3) non-profit founded in 2001 that works with the Department of Homeland Security and private sector sponsors.
What Is A Data Privacy-Aware Champion? How Do You Sign Up?
The Data Privacy Day Champion program is a way to show your support officially. Champions represent those dedicated to empowering individuals and encouraging businesses to respect privacy, safeguard data and enable trust.
Data Privacy Day Champions include:
- Companies and organizations of all sizes.
- Schools and school districts, colleges and universities.
- Government organizations.
To sign up visit https://staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/become-dpd-champion/.
When you sign up, your organization’s name will be added to the Champions page at staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/all-champions/ (Please note it may take up to 5 working days for your organization’s name to be added during busy periods.)
Your #Privacy Aware Toolkit
You’ll be provided with a “#PrivacyAware Toolkit” that has resources to help you get the word out to employees and the community. It includes:
- A Champion icon you can post on your website and include in other promotional materials.
- A “How to Get Involved in Data Privacy Day” infographic.
- A template press release you can use to announce your support for Data Privacy Day (feel free to modify as you see fit; NCSA approval is not necessary).
- UPDATED: 5 Ways to Help Employees be #PrivacyAware.
- Sample social media messages. Accompanying graphics can be found at staysafeonline.org/resource/dpd19-graphics/.
- Template email for employees/community members.
Other Ways You Can Show Support Leading Up To Data Privacy Day
Create a culture of respecting privacy by downloading and displaying privacy messaging and Data Privacy Day logos, posters, buttons, social media graphics and more:
- Attend the Data Privacy Day 2019 Event at LinkedIn San Francisco. You can also watch the event live online on January 28th.
- Encourage employees to sign-up as Individual Data Privacy Day Champions.
- Register your organization as an official STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ Partner and get access to more awareness resources, for free.
Tell the World Your Organization Is A #PrivacyAware Day Champion!
Here’s a sample post you can share on Facebook and Twitter to spread the word. Don’t forget to use #PrivacyAware in all of your Data Privacy Day related posts:
We are an official Champion of #PrivacyAware Day – are you? Find out more below. https://staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/become-dpd-champion/
How To Protect Your Organization Now
With an IT Provider like LAN Infotech, you’ll have the security you need going into 2019 and beyond. Technology has improved the way your business functions today. However, you must ensure it doesn’t compromise your customers’ sensitive information. LAN Infotech can help.
Ask Our IT Security Experts To Defend Your Technology With:
- Email Security & Archiving.
- Managed Firewalls.
- Web Filtering.
- Systems Analysis
- Mobile Device Management.
- 24/7 User Support
- Cost-Conscious, Value-Based IT Solutions
Find Out How We Can:
- Help you comply with legal, HIPAA or other requirements when using technology.
- Eliminate the risk of disclosure, discovery, and/or interception of electronically transmitted communications.
- Encrypt data to protect confidential information.
Ask About Preventing:
- Unauthorized access to your electronic data.
- Malware from corrupting your IT.
- Data loss and ensure you can recover from natural disasters like hurricanes or tropical storms.
Let Us Confirm That:
- Your files are correctly backed up and recoverable.
- Both offsite and onsite data backups are maintained.
- Data is restorable by performing ongoing testing.
Our Security IT Experts implement innovative and current security measures to protect your organization on many levels. This way you can concentrate on your business knowing that your IT is secure and defended 24/7.
It’s Not Too Soon To Get Ready For Data Privacy Day January 28th!
Sign up to be a #PrivacyAware Champion and Schedule a complimentary, no-obligation review with LAN Infotech’s IT Security Experts in Fort Lauderdale. Call us at (954) 717-1990 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAN Infotech is a Microsoft Cloud Services Provider, IT Managed Support company and a leader in helping law firms, nonprofits and medical organizations deploy cloud solutions, manage computer networks, keep data protected and top technology management company. Businesses like yours need technology support to run highly-effective organizations.